Forever Friends

14:39


I am LOVING the fact that friendship bracelets are coming back in a big way, from woven plaited styles to stretchy seedbead creations in a range of geometric patterns and vibrant colours. Nothing evokes nostalgia more than memories of creating your own friendships bracelets for your little group of friends, so the idea that this is now fast becoming a stylish fashion accessory is awesome. 
Anyone that knows me will already be aware of the fact that I have what verges on an obsession with wristbands/bracelets. I currently have 3 Reading Festival wristbands, a Bangface festival wristband, the wristband from my freshers week, a black leather wrap around pandora bracelet and a beaded bracelet my little cousin made me all taking prime position on my right wrist, yet there is still plenty of room for some new additions.
With one glance on www.asos.com, I was blown away by the amount of influence this new trend has had on their jewellery section. Here are just a few examples I found -
£12





£22
£10



Although, as you have probably gathered by now, I love making my own things wherever possible. Plus part of me does tend to begrudge paying up to £25 for a friendship bracelet on asos, when you can buy the threads for next to nothing and make loads of your own! The DIY ethos is also much better on my student budget. Local haberdashery/fabric shops will have a huge collection of embroidery threads for a couple of pounds a go, or try buying from ebay sellers for great deals. Why not try experimenting with adding beads, charms, buttons or ribbons to your creations too?
 There are also loads of friendship bracelets patterns online if you need some inspiration or instructions, on sites like www.how-to-make-jewelry.com/friendship-bracelet-patterns. Best of all, you get totally unique handmade jewellery to add to your collection, as well as being bang on trend. What's not to love!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images