Keep Calm and Get Knitting

10:27



There is nothing more satisfying than completing a project and being able to wear the finished item. That glorious moment when you stand infront of the mirror wearing your new dress/scarf/jumper and suddenly every pin prick, dropped stitch and suicidal moment is utterly worthwhile. Well,I am currently having one of those joyous moments.
I love knitting. It is complex enough to hold your attention whilst being both relaxing and somewhat nostalgic all at once, reminiscent of a simpler time where people used their own two hands for more than just updating their facebook status. I have however been having a somewhat love/hate relationship with this particular wool. After a few unravelling sessions, I finally decided on yet another scarf, this one with colour blocks in beige, white and black. As it's quite a light yarn it is a perfect spring scarf, which will go well with my denim jacket or throw over simple vest tops.
A last minute decision when casting off resulted in me wanting to turn my humble scarf into a snood, and after watching a quick youtube tutorial on how to do a mattress stitch my masterpiece is complete! So here are a few pictures to share my little creation :)


I apologise for the bad lighting!




Get stuck in to a spring project now, and you'll be reaping the rewards in no time.

:)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images