The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

06:24


Film reviews are not something I do very often, however yesterday I had a day of such polar opposite film experiences I just had to tell you all about it.



 
On the one hand, I wanted to write about a film that I really enjoy - The Rum Diary. I love the music, I love the cars, and I love the power couple that is Johnny Depp and Amber Heard (supposedly the film where their relationship began off screen). Set in the 60's in Puerto Rico, the film follows Depp as he joins the San Juan Star newspaper and falls head first into the lure of the Puerto Rican lifestyle. Sun, sea and sand is everywhere, along with a whole lot of rum - and did I mention Amber Heard? What's not to like?


 
 
On the other hand, I also watched To Rome With Love. A film in which there is absolutely nothing to love. The storyline, or lack of storyline, is abysmal, supposedly following the lives of 4 sets of strangers in Rome. The only thing this film did achieve is to severely drop Ellen Page and Jesse Eisenberg in my estimations, with the only vaguely amusing thing being Penelope Cruz as a prostitue. A whole lot of cheesy Italian background music did nothing to help the situation. The end result was nearly 2 hours of my life I will never get back - take my advice, dont waste your time.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images