Machine Mad

19:00



Being home for Easter means many things. Seeing my family and friends, getting fed lots (yay!), that awesome school holidays feeling and, in my case, being re united with my sewing machine.
As much as I love all things creative and craft based, I can be quite lazy. It's due to this that I am not a fan of hand sewing. Time consuming, slow and always ending up with me having a hand that looks like a pin cushion and neck ache. Sewing machines on the other hand, I love. They're so fast and efficient!
Due to my excitement at being back with my machine, I decided I needed a project to get back into the swing of things. A girl can never have too many bags, right? So I began making this cool beach style tote bag, with contrasting polka dot lining and decorative flowers on the outside. The bag itself was a pretty simple shape, yet really effective and timeless - I already have plans to make more in lots of different patterns, even a patchwork version. The flowers were a lot of fun to make, involving a simple technique (that I could do on the sewing machine, yay!) repeated until they built up into lush full floral fabulousness! I was quite pleased with them, if you couldn't already tell.
I am already planning lots of new uses for the flowers, incluing hair accessories for some gorgeous little girls and planning a statement bib style necklace with them as the focus - what would you use them for?

Here is the finished product!
A close up of the flowers, plus I always like to slip a button in somewhere!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images